Apprenticeship Software Developer
Salary: £192.00 – £230.62 per week
Closing Date: 2021-01-21
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00020493
We are a young but rapidly growing agile development team developing high quality and robustly secure cloud-based software platforms and beautiful user-friendly Apps. With specialties in e-Learning and Content Management Systems, we place significant focus on CX/UI, and increasingly incorporating AI, ML, Robotics, and AR/XR technologies. Our core products are utilised in Care Homes, Care at Home, Nursery’s and Salons, but we are rapidly expanding our solutions into Education, Retail, Services, Health & Safety & Risk and much, much more! Based in Glasgow, Scotland but with an already impressive 35,000+ registered daily users, across the UK and Ireland, we now expanding further internationally, and our young team are executing against our big ambitions for growth! We are looking to further expand and strengthen the team with additional Apprentice Software Developers.
If you are interested in joining our young, dynamic, agile and rapidly growing team, where you will be actively encouraged and empowered to rapidly develop, and where you will be able to directly see your contributions being incorporated and utilised across a broad array of exciting application areas, please get in touch with us.
This will be a fast paced and continuous evolving role, where you will constantly have the opportunity of new and exciting challenges, working hands on with current and new product development! Successful candidates will help the development teams to maintain the high quality and reputation with very high customer service and satisfaction.
- Firstly, you will be expected and required to demonstrate a clear dedication to the Apprenticeship Program of learning and development
- Documentation and user guides creation and editing
- Reviewing, executing, editing, reporting on test cases and scripts
- Software testing and product quality assurance
- Perform web testing
- Recording and monitoring defects
- Liaise with the development teams to address and resolve issues and bugs
- Problem solving and solutions engineering individually and in teams
- Help create, develop and implement rigorous quality procedures for projects, the development process and the business
- Progress to work with the development teams on code design and development for products and projects
- Support the development team as required on an on-going evolving basis
Although aptitude, skills and experience are as important to us as they will be to you, we value attitude, passion, commitment, communications, and willingness to learn and team working! The role will be well supported by our Software Team, with structured and on-the-job training and development provided and each Apprentice will be appointed a specific coach to assist them through the on-boarding and continual learning journey.
- £10,000 – £12,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
We strive to offer an environment that will provide all our team with the right balance between work and personal life. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and are in process of putting together a comprehensive benefits package.
Future Career Progression:
Contract and salary review upon successful completion of Apprenticeship
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.