Claims Negotiator Apprentice
Salary: £211.50 per week
Closing Date: 2021-04-23
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00020849
Our client is one of Scotland’s leading personal injury firms processing several thousand claims a year. They pride themselves on a first class, cost-effective claims handling legal service for motor insurers, legal expenses insurers, insurance brokers and individual clients in Scotland.
A leading law firm specialising in areas such as personal injury and employment law is now looking to add a Claims Negotiator Apprentice to the business. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a great company who has the desire to support people through the business.
This is fantastic role to learn new skills and start a very rewarding career.
You will be working for an organisation that is passionate about developing young people, with over 38 apprentices having joined the business historically.
- To plan and effectively manage a caseload of claims through provision of an efficient and timely claims handling service in accordance with service standards.
- Process own caseload, with supervision
- Make up and computer input of allocated claims
- Dealing with all new claims correspondence
- Establishing liability and indemnity on all claims within the allocation
- Negotiation of claims through to conclusion
- Maintaining an effective diary regime
- Referring any claim to the appropriate team leader should the nature of the Claim change or deteriorate
- Strong academic results (particularly English & Mathematics)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to use a range of communication styles
- Plans, prioritises and prepares in advance to maximise efficiency and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, influence and gain the respect of colleagues;
- Computer Literacy with the ability to adapt to new technologies
- Salary: £11,000 with Salary reviews taking place every April on a discretionary basis – based on performance of the business and the individual.
- Monday-Friday 09:00-17:30
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays. Holiday allowance will increase after 2 years with the company.
- Referral scheme – if you recommend a candidate for the support team and they are successful, passing their probation you will be awarded £750
- Personal injury scheme – if you refer someone and their claim is successful you could be awarded £400
- Opportunity to work overtime
- Dress down Friday
- Discretionary bonus – should the business and you as an individual perform well there is an opportunity to receive a bonus in May of each year.
Future Career Progression:
- Should you perform well there will be an opportunity to progress or move to other departments to suit business needs. Internal staff will always be considered over external staff for vacancies.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.