Customer Service Apprenticeship Programme – Livingston – October 2022
Identify and solve problems. Answer queries. Gain a qualification in Customer Services. Our Contact Centre Apprentices focus on having great conversations and delivering the best service for our customers.
About the programme:
Working in our busy contact centre you’ll be part of our Customer Service Team who work hard to deliver the best service in the country. Taking inbound calls, you’ll understand customer queries and use your judgment to respond in the right way to ensure they are addressed effectively. We’ll help you develop all the skills, knowledge, and confidence you need to give our customers extraordinary service ensuring our customers’ queries are addressed.
As an Apprentice with us you’ll be fully supported to achieve a nationally recognised Customer Service qualification by the end of your first 15 months at Sky. In your first four weeks, you’ll be fully supported by a learning specialist in our Start@Sky programme – learning all about our how we deliver outstanding customer service, making you an expert in this field. We’ll also assign you a buddy and assessor to guide you through your day-to-day tasks.
What you’ll be doing:
- Offering solutions to customer queries and problems
- Listening attentively to customers: understanding their needs, showing empathy and inspiring trust • Keeping the customer at the heart of all that we do
- Delivering the best service in the country in every interaction
- Working towards targets across several business measures.
- This apprenticeship programme is 15 months
- Level 2/3 Customer Service Practitioner Qualification
- You’ll roll off this programme into a permanent position with Sky.
What you’ll need to be:
You’ll need a minimum of 2 National qualifications (NQ’s) level 2 or 3.
- A confident communicator and team player
- Passionate about providing our customers with the best service in the country
- Enthusiastic about all things Sky
- A resilient attitude
- A desire to understand new technology, and be in touch with the latest technology trends
- Flexible: your typical shift pattern will vary, and you’ll need to be available to work evenings and weekends • Thrive in a target driven environment.
Due to funding requirements in Scotland you must be aged between 16 and 24 to be eligible for this qualification.
What you’ll get:
Starting salary of £18,800. We want you to feel as confident as possible when talking about our products and services, so you’ll get a Sky laptop plus headphones. You’ll enjoy free Sky Q, 30 days holiday, private health and dental care, life insurance, a generous pension and a range of high street discounts. We’ll also fully fund your qualification and associated training through the programme.
How you’ll grow and be supported:
Be Brilliant -How? We give you freedom. Support. The chance to try things your way – forging your ideal career path or developing something totally new. It means you can do more. Make an impact. Get noticed. And it means with the right attitude, anything’s possible.
Development -Your learning and development plan has been designed to give you key learning milestones on your career journey. These could be digital activities, online webinars, or even face to face workshops.
Support Network -Whatever path you choose we’ll be right there with you. You’ll get to team up with an Apprentice who’s been there and done it and have a manager and apprentice Skills Coach who’ll stretch and guide you to where you want to go. All this plus the support of the Early Careers team who will be on hand from your first day through to the start of your post programme career journey.
Why Inclusion is important:
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. CV’s aren’t everything. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential what you’ll bring to Sky.
We celebrate diversity because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we should be, too.
So why wait?
We’ll keep our roles open until we have filled all positions. But things move quickly round here, so we would recommend applying early to avoid disappointment.
If you’re successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.