Data Science Apprentice
Salary: £0.00 per week
Closing Date: 2021-03-05
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00020632
Coastr is a technology start-up for car rentals. We are on a mission to simplify car rentals by providing an engaging experience to our customers. Our B2B SaaS platform for car rental management solution is currently used by small car rental operators.
The accelerated growth we have enjoyed over the past twelve months has helped us attract new customers and helped us win innovation awards from the Scottish government, and form industry-leading partnerships.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Data Science Team based in Edinburgh to help the company develop a state-of-the-art technology product.
Within this role, you will work closely with your mentor who will support your introduction to the business. You will work towards these duties and responsibilities:
- Get a rounded understanding of how start-ups work in real life to overcome some basic challenges.
- Work with a diverse team located across the world which will help you learn new skills of time management, working with new cultures and how to work collaboratively in a virtual team environment.
- Analyse large amounts of driving behavior data (telematics) and identify trends and patterns which will help categorize drivers based on how safely they drive. Get involved with our existing workflows and advanced analytics methods and make them faster/better/more efficient for our customers.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Query NoSQL databases for data extraction
- Preprocess structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Deploy machine learning models to production
- Present information using data visualization tools
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well in a team
- A solid background/interest in maths/statistics
- Interest/previous use of Python programming
- Attention to detail and a keen problem solver
- £12,675 per annum (£6.50 per hour)
- Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
- The Data Science Apprenticeship will be supported by the Digital Applications Support SCQF Level 6 apprenticeship with potential opportunities to progress onto a Data Analytics SCQF Level 8.
Future Career Progression:
- A permanent position will be considered at employer’s discretion after successfully completing the Digital Applications Support SCQF Level 6 Apprenticeship.
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.