DIGITAL IMPORTS ADMINISTRATION APPRENTICE
Programme: Scotland | Digital Applications
Location: 3 Sentinel Court, Atholl Avenue, Hillington Park, Glasgow, G52 4UG
Salary: £12,500 per annum
Closing date: 17/12/2021
Steder Group is a well-known, dynamic logistics service provider. We have been operating in logistic services worldwide for over 35 years. Steder can transport anything, from sea freight, air freight, container transport and bulk transport to special transport. We cover the UK, Europe and beyond.
We are looking for a confident and ambitious person to join their Imports and Exports team based in Hillington. We are looking for someone who is: Up for a challenge, with a keen eye for detail. Someone who wants to learn new skills and is looking for an opportunity to earn an apprenticeship qualification. Is that you?
Steder Group have a successful history of supporting apprenticeships in a variety of departments and different positions. Many have gone on to secure permanent positions with the company. In this role you would be joining their team in Hillington. You will be mentored and supported throughout your apprenticeship programme.
Interested? Apply today?
- Utilizing software systems such as customs CHEIF software system, and Descartes software
- HMRC Customs Regimes for Importation of Goods into the U.K. from all of the world using systems software
- Involved in the full import process inclusive of Tariff Numbers for Products, Duty Rates and Taxes inclusive of how VAT is processed on all Imports using system software
- Process Customs Regimes through CPC (Customs Processing Codes)
- Carry out Quality ISO processes in conjunction with our Quality Management Department via our ISO9001 process
- Involved in aspects of Freight Forwarding process from the supplier bookings at origin (i.e. Shanghai, China) all the way through to the delivery of goods after Customs Clearance. This process will include:
- Supplier Bookings at Origin, Liaising with our Agent overseas to organise the consignment collection, Organise the process via Airfreight, Ocean freight or Sea/Air or Rail Services, Liaise with the Airlines, Shipping Lines or Transport Companies on the arrival of goods in the U.K.,
- Organise the pre-delivery process from collecting at the Port or the Airport and the delivery to our premises or direct to the client
- Managing the Customs Clearance Process, Client Services – Managing the Client in the U.K, Organising the Delivery, Closing out the file inclusive of invoicing and filing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Keen eye for detail
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Applications and Excel
- Ability to work well in a team
- Effective listening skills
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm
- A salary review will be completed after the completion of Modern Apprenticeship
Future Career Progression:
- A permanent position will be considered upon successful completion of Modern Apprenticeships at the employer’s discretion. Previous apprentices at Steder Group have been promoted to senior and team leader positions
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.