Digital Recycling Apprenitce
Salary: £230.62 per week
Closing Date: 2021-03-11
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00020657
Do you want a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and start a very rewarding career? Start here, apply now!
You will be working for…
A company providing a safe, secure and environmentally compliant collection and recycling service for the disposal of redundant IT & WEEE equipment. They are one of the UKs most trusted recyclers. They securely destroy data and provide full certification to complete the process. Data destruction is carried out by shredding or erasure. They are fully licensed through the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, are an Approved Authorised Treatment Facility, and are registered waste carriers in the UK and Northern Ireland.
Be part of QA’s 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
CCL North Ltd are currently recruiting for Digital Recycling Apprentices for their Branch in Irvine. They are a busy and successful digital and electrical re-cycling company who recycle & reuse all electrical & digital components through dis-mantling products and systems in a safe manner and ensuring data security across public, private and third sector organisations.
The ideal candidate will have strong attention for detail, good organisation skills with an enthusiastic approach to work and a willingness to learn.
You will gain an apprenticeship in Digital Applications SCQF Level 6 and your duties will include:
- Booking goods-in on internal stock system
- Erasing data from computers using Certus software in a secure, protected environment
- Dis-mantling computers and other electrical items such as tablets, mobile phones and televisions/monitors. Separating their parts safely for recycling
- Preparing and refurbishing computers. Erasing data, wiping computer software, taking machine back to factory settings and installing new operating systems
- Uploading refurbished products on e-commerce site with picture and product description
- Recording & reporting information using outlook and excel.
- Good time management and personal organisation
- Positive attitude towards work
- Good communication skills
- A willingness to learn
- Takes initiative
- Works well as part of a team but also uses own initiative
- Interested in the environment, technical & working with digitals systems
- IT skills – Microsoft Office Suite
- Salary £12,000 with pay reviews depending on performance
- Monday to Thursday 8.30-5:00 , Friday 8.30 -2:00pm
- 28 days annual leave including public holidays which can be used any time of the year
- Continued training
- Casual dress code
- Cycle to work scheme (Bike Maintanence on site)
- Classic car club (Employees can get involved in refurbishing classic cars and borrow cars that include Mercedes SLK, Triumph Spitfire & classic mini)
Future Career Progression:
- Opportunity for career progression for the right candidates
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.