IT Service Desk Apprentice
Salary: £220.88 per week
Closing Date: 2021-02-28
Vacancy ID: 1211-0001-00020600
A well know Solicitors firm are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic individual with a passion for marketing to join their team based in Glasgow City Centre.
McClure Solicitors are a law firm that look to do things differently and technology is at the heart of this ethos. Founded in 1853 as a small firm in the West of Scotland they have grown to be a national company with offices throughout the UK.
Based in Glasgow city center, they are a busy, fast-paced firm with a proven record of accomplishment in developing young apprentices to become professionals. Specialising in asset protection, estate planning and inheritance planning, McClure Solicitors help clients across the UK to protect their assets and pass them on efficiently.
An exciting opportunity to join this innovative and dynamic Law Firm as an IT Apprentice has become available.
Joining a small, friendly team of 5 you will be involved in a wide variety of tasks and projects that cover the IT Infrastructure and Operations of the firm. Primarily the role will involve responding to tickets that come in via our Service desk. As you learn more about the firm’s infrastructure and operations, as well as IT in general, you will become involved in more technical project work such as virtualisation, server maintenance, networking and security. We deal with most aspects of infrastructure and operations in house so this is a real opportunity to gain experience across a wide variety of subjects.
As part of the role, you will be expected to:
- Be the 1st line responder to tickets that come into the Service desk
- Log and triage issues on Service desk
- Engage with colleagues at all levels of the firm to investigate and resolve issues Engage with contractorssuppliers to investigate and resolve issues
- Progress to dealing with more complex issues across all aspects of Infrastructure and Operations
- Provision equipment for staff use
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Learn each and every day in a busy environment
- Passion for Technology
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Good time keeping
- Salary £11500 per annum with Salary increase on completion of apprenticeship
- Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Excellent Holiday Allowance, Duvet day, Birthday Half Day, and extra days holiday after 1 and 3 years
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Employee Referral Programme
- Perks for Families
- Restaurant Membership Discounts
- Special Rates in selected hotels
- Lunch and Learns
- Monthly Friday Drinks and Dress Down Days
- Paid social outings organised by our fabulous Social Committee – Summer and Christmas
Future Career Progression:
- Company are keen to develop all staff and further progression is available for the right candidate
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.