IT SERVICE DESK APPRENTICE
Programme: Scotland | IT systems and networking
Location: 45 Gordon Street, G1 3PE, Glasgow
Closing date: 17/12/2021
Would you like to work for one of Scotland’s leading Law Firms? Harper Macleod is currently seeking an IT Service Desk apprentice to join their Glasgow office.
Based in the city centre, you will work for an organisation that provide expert advice on areas such as personal injury, employment law and medical negligence.
As part of a growing team, you will provide operational and technical support to 370 users of all levels across their offices. You will be responsible for the management of services requests, resolving and investigating incidents and escalating where appropriate.
As the primary point of contact you will be key in ensuring colleagues are kept up to date with the progression of incidents by engaging with third party suppliers and other members of the IT team.
You will be given the opportunity to work at the highest appropriate level and exposure to all aspects of the IT infrastructure.
Interested? Apply today!
What will I learn?
- Provide front-line support to inbound incidents and requests, from telephone,
web or email
- Conduct initial troubleshooting on a wide range of technology issues
- Provide desk-side support
- Deliver service requests on time
- Escalate unresolved tickets
- Consider the information security impact of your tasks at all times
- First response to web tickets, email requests, and walk-ups
- Accurately record, prioritise, categories and assign all tickets and requests
- Monitor and action operational tasks
- Monitor and respond to alerts and errors
- Ensure tickets are logged for all tasks – creating, modifying and resolving these
- Ensure the triage queue always has cover
What qualification or qualities are required?
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
- Professional, friendly, honest and open approach with the ability to work effectively and in partnership with others both internally and externally
- Confident and clear communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Methodical and able to follow processes
- Ability to break down problems into component parts
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously
- Positive attitude and energy
- £16,380 per annum
- Monday-Friday across 3 shift patterns 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm – occasional out of hours and weekend work may be required