IT TECHNICIAN APPRENTICE
Programme: Scotland | IT systems and networking
Location: 5 – 19 Holland St, Aberdeen, AB25 3UJ
Salary: £14000 per annum
Closing date: 17/12/2021
The IT Technician will initially be part of the ITWORX Service Desk and will share responsibility for providing a high standard of Desktop Computer, Infrastructure, Cloud, Network and Managed Service Support to the ITWORX Client base.
The successful candidate(s) will be working as part of a close-knit IT and Communication Team of Engineers and will be expected to embark on industry recognized formal training, provided by ITWORX, as part of the role to develop into the Engineering roles.
In addition, subject to good progress through the ITWORX training program, the successful candidate will be offered the opportunity to assist the Senior Engineers with bespoke and complex Project works.
You will gain a Modern Apprenticeship in IT Professional at SCQF Level 6 and progress onto the IT Professional at SCQF Level 8 on completion.
If you’re passionate about a career in IT, then don’t miss this opportunity!
What will I learn?
- Working in unison with other members of the team on projects where required
- Performing troubleshooting and diagnosis for all issues using the technical resources and managements and monitoring tools available.
- Ensuring that all processes are followed and all issues are owned through to resolution
- Suggesting and working to introduce continual improvement of services delivered by ITWORX
What qualification or qualities are required?
- Full Driving License and access to personal vehicle for transport
- Excellent organisational skills and structured method of working
- Excellent telephone manner and communications skills
- Familiarity or experience of working with Microsoft Windows Server desirable
- Familiarity or experience of working with Microsoft Office 365 desirable
- Familiarity or experience of Microsoft Windows 7 / 10 Operating Systems desirable
- Familiarity with basic networking protocols – TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN desirable
- Microsoft Certified (MCP, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP or other) desirable
- Cisco Certified (CCNA or other) desirable
- Salary £14,000 per annum – reviewed yearly
- Annual holiday entitlement of 28 Days, increasing by 1 Day per year (max 5 additional days)
- Company mileage paid at 30p per mile
- Company Laptop
- Professional Training Budget
- Inclusion in a company pension scheme, after success completion of probationary period
Future Career Progression:
- Develop into the IT Engineering roles
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.