LEGAL SUPPORT APPRENTICE
Programme: Scotland | Digital Applications
Closing date: 10/12/2021
Ashurst are a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for future growth. Their in-depth understanding of their clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen them become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
Their clients want them to take responsibility for efficient sourcing of legal services without compromising on quality. Ashurst also want to maximise operational efficiency and remain competitive and innovative. To respond to these challenges, they established a new Division – Ashurst Advance – to deliver innovative, market-leading legal sourcing solutions, consistent with Ashurst’s status as a global elite firm.
These are innovative, legal roles reflecting the fundamental changes in the provision of legal services and you will have an opportunity to be at the forefront of change and to help to shape the new model. You will provide high quality, highly skilled administrative input to colleagues within the Ashurst global network of offices, covering a wide range of transactions and advice for Ashurst’s premier client base.
What will I learn?
You will provide support to the legal analyst, legal technologies and project management teams as well as, from time to time, other practice areas within the firm.
• Working as part of a team managing a large scale ongoing project.
• Operating NBI (New Business Intake) system, creating file for new cases and putting details into online form
• Time recording for lawyers using 3E system allowing for accurate billing to clients at the end of the month
• Supporting with management and maintenance of Excel spreadsheets.
• Producing daily internal reports for lawyers, partners and internal stakeholders
• Updating work trackers
• Liaising with fee earners and internal support functions across the companies global network
• Small redaction exercises
• Running document comparisons
• Data verification
• Proof reading
• Hard and soft copy document management (execution of documents, setting up and managing data rooms)
• Inbox and diary management
Full training will be provided.
What qualification or qualities are required?
- Educated to Higher Grade or equivalent
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail and thoroughness are essential
- Good written and oral communication
- Confident and professional manner
- Committed, hardworking and responsible
- Ability to manage own workload
- Well-developed IT skills – being competent in the use of Word and Excel, and familiarity with Outlook would be advantageous.