Undergraduate work placements with PwC – Autumn 2021
Who we are:
Our purpose – to build trust in society and solve important problems – has never felt more relevant. We bring our purpose to life through our focus on our clients, our people and the communities in which we live and work to address current and future challenges. As one of the world’s leading professional services organisations, attracting the right talent continues to be paramount. Investing in our people is central to our mission and inclusive culture. Whether it be empowering our people to learn new skills for the digital world, to reimagine the possible on how we work with clients, or to be open-minded on how we care for and support each other, we want to create an environment where our people can be the best they can be.
What we do:
These eleven-month placements are for students who need to complete a placement as part of their degree. You could sit a selection of professional accounting exams and leave with a graduate job offer to fast track into a second year role upon graduation. You’ll work alongside graduate trainees and experienced professionals on live and interesting client projects. So you’ll get a good insight into working life at PwC. We have Undergraduate work-placement opportunities in the following business areas:
- Audit – You’ll be providing market leading audit services to an unprecedented range of clients including one of the largest shares of FTSE 100 companies of any UK audit firm. Our audit helps organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business.
- Consulting – Our Consulting practice is focused on results, supporting our clients with fast track, profitable growth. We use our understanding of how business works and a knowledge of how the right technology in the right place can create competitive advantage. Our clients might want us to help them enter new markets; address the challenges created by organisational change; or draw up a sustainability strategy that aligns their commercial objectives with broader environmental and social concerns.
- Deals – Deals provide an opportunity – for faster growth, development of stronger capabilities, accelerated operational transformation, value realisation and protection. Here you’ll put together major mergers and acquisitions and resolve business crises. You’ll work on anything from international take-over bids to economic crime investigations and cases of insolvency.
- Internal Firm Services – In order to achieve our purpose and deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. The people who power us – our internal teams – have a vital role to make sure we have all the right resources, services and technology to be the best we can be. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our most talented people choose to harness their skills inside of PwC.
- Operate – Operate supports the delivery of a range of client programmes across a variety of regulated market sectors. We deliver our client work from a range of locations, providing our clients with cost-effective delivery, access to subject matter expertise and operational excellence disciplines.
- Tax – We help our clients stay ahead of the changes that impact their business. Equipped with the scale of a seamlessly connected global network, we’re where they need us – delivering deep tax technical expertise, while providing the critical context to help make informed and compliant decisions that drive their operations forward.
- Technology – We use technical and business knowledge to solve our clients’ problems. And because we offer so many different technology services we need people with different experiences to help us deliver them effectively. Digital is the new normal, transforming how we work and live. At PwC, as we focus on future innovations, we’re investing in the best and most diverse talent of today and tomorrow.
What you’ll gain:
By experiencing life inside one of the world’s largest professional services organisations, you’ll have a fantastic opportunity to build and work on your commercial and personal skills. Working alongside specialists, you’ll work on client projects to give you the best insight into what we’re about. You’ll have the opportunity to build networks with your colleagues and peer group – factors which will make a real difference when you return for your last year at university.
What you need:
- You’ll need to be on course for a 2.1 degree or above in any subject. We determine whether you’re on course for a 2.1 based on the grades you achieved in your last completed year of academic study
- You’ll need to be a second year undergraduate university student on a four-year degree expecting to do a work placement in your third year
Explore. Inspire. Reimagine.